Hi CFK Fam!
In light of recent concerns, we want to share an update on our plans to keep the gym the healthy space you all love.
As you already know, exercise is one of the best ways to keep your immune system strong. Paired with healthy nutritional habits and smart supplementation, regular exercise will help strengthen your resistance to illness of all kind, short and long term. So while the concern over spread of COVID-19 is real and should be taken seriously, please use this as an opportunity to assess your healthy habits across the board.
Yes, we want to wash our hands regularly and do things to mitigate the spread of germs. More importantly, we want to make sure we’re regularly active and eating a wide variety of whole foods, especially colorful veggies, while limiting our inflammatory foods such as sugars & alcohols and many artificial ingredients.
The habits you’ve been practicing over time and continue to practice now will have as high an impact on the state of your health and resistance to disease as the hygienic practices you implement now. Both are important, and should be evaluated.
Here are a few things we’re doing to maintain a clean environment, as well as a few things you can do while you’re in class to help out.
What we’re doing:
- CFK has always placed the highest priority on sanitation and cleanliness. Our owner and founder Johnny owned a cleaning company prior to finding CrossFit, and we’ve maintained a top-down approach to cleaning the gym since the beginning. All floors and touched surfaces get cleaned and disinfected daily, as well as a rotating schedule assuring that all equipment gets disinfected on a regular basis.
- We’re adding a disinfecting protocol with our coaches that assures all door handles, bathrooms, commonly touched surfaces get disinfected after each “block” of classes.
- The blue gymnastics mats get professionally cleaned regularly, and we’re scheduling extra cleanings on them currently. We will also be using disinfecting spray on these daily.
What you can do:
- Please wash your hands before and after each class, and give elbows instead of high fives.
- Pump-in and Pump out! We have hand sanitizers around the gym, please use a pump on your way in and on your way out each class.
- We have disinfecting wipes in each bathroom and buckets on the gym floor. Please take 1 wipe and wipe down your touched surfaces after class. Please be conservative as these have become harder to source. There is no need for more than 1, as the goal is to simply spread the liquid around to let the disinfecting agent do it’s job. One single wipe when used properly can disinfect a kettlebell, barbell, abmat and wall ball before needing another one, so please use wisely and share when appropriate.
- If you’re sick, please stay home, as you’ll heal faster that way. Get out for a walk and leave the intense exercise for when you’re healthy. The same goes for your kiddos. We love them, but please keep them home if they are not well.
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please reach out to me directly at 865-356-9000 or email me HERE.
Eat well, stay active, stay healthy, and we’ll see you out there!