"This year has been fruitful with lots of little victories."
My Name is Gerardo AKA “Gerry” Boquin. I joined Crossfit Knoxville about a year or so ago. During this time, I have learned a lot about myself, particularly about the things that I can and can’t do yet. Part of the journey has been frustrating because of my inability to do some of the movements or simply just not being able to finish work out. None the less, this year has been fruitful with lots of little victories I intend to share with you. This would not have happened with out the support of the members and coaches support and guidance. Below is a list of my little victories along the way:
- I never had a perfect Health Risk Assessment (HRA) in the seven years I have lived in Knoxville. I always had one or two indicators that were off, a protein here, cholesterol there, BMI etc.. but not this year. In fact, I have never seen so much green on my chart!!
- I have gone from a 34 waist to a 30
- Until this year I had never run a 10K, much less row one. I have Rowed a 10 k and so far, I have run 2, 10K’s, one of them was right at 10 min pace– I am not good at running long distances so for me this was a PR. I was able to clock one mile at 8 min pace.
- I got to flip Big Bertha a couple of times thanks to Britney’s encouragement
- I am tracking close to “intermediate” in some of the weight lifting movements