If you missed out on our handstand workshop with Jordan Garcia the first go-around, we’ve got great news! He’ll be back for an encore on January 13th at North!
Jordan Garcia is a circus performer and teacher, whose drive is to show people that with enough passion and hard work, anyone can achieve high levels of skill in whatever they choose to do. Jordan’s main discipline is hand-balancing, but he also trains acrobatics, parkour, and aerial straps.
This beginner level workshop is for all skill levels. If you’d like to improve your shoulder mobility and stability, become comfortable upside down and begin working toward that freestanding handstand, this workshop is for you! Check out the details below, and email Rick to register!
Space is limited, so don’t hesitate!
Cost: $50 (CFK members), $65 (non-CFK members)
Date: January 13, 2018
Time: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: CFK North (906 Callahan Drive)
Registration (CFK members): Email Rick
Registration (non-CFK members): https://crossfitknoxville.com/SQ-10085/handstand-workshop/
The beginner workshop will cover the following:
- Proper warm-up and preparation for handstands (wrist, shoulder, spine, and hip mobility)
- Proper body position – organizing each body part for the most optimal and aesthetically pleasing handstand
- Strengthening and mobilization techniques to help hold your handstand with greater ease and cleaner lines
- Progressions to work up to the freestanding handstand
- Mindset necessary to understand balancing on your hands