Splashing (err… handing out water to) thirsty runners is a CFK Thanksgiving Day Tradition!
We’re approaching 10 years of handing out water and cheering folks on as they run and walk down Parkside Drive at the crack of dawn to welcome in the holiday. Please join us either by participating in the race (see below for discount code), or helping out at the water table!
There are thousands of runners/walkers each year, and they’re all thirsty! We need plenty of helping hands so if you’d like to help, please see the info below to sign-up.
- When: Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 28)
- Where: Turkey Creek (Race starts at Fleet Feet, Water Table is at Steak ‘n Shake)
- Time: 7:00 am – 9:30 am
- Race Sign-up: https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/Knoxville/HottoTrot *Use Discount code CFKnox5 at checkout for $5 off registration (CFK folks only please)
- Volunteer Water Table Sign-up – Friends and family welcome!! https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/TN/Knoxville/HottoTrot#16105
*If volunteering at the water table, make sure to wear rain boots as the water can get chilly when it spills.. Coffee will be provided!
- Meet at 7:00 am at Steak ‘n Shake parking lot in Turkey Creek to get the table set-up by 7:30 am
- The race starts at 7:30 am, and usually ends around 9:30 am
- Check the weather and wear warm clothes and rain boots for water spills
- Coffee will be provided, as well as copious amounts of high fives, fist bumps, and warm hugs!