The 2023 CrossFit Open!
- February 16th it all kicks off!
- This isn’t just a competition that decides who moves on to the next level on the way to the CrossFit Games. This is a chance to challenge yourself and challenge your friends, push yourself for that extra rep, challenge yourself with a little bit more weight than you may use.
- Follow this link for information and registration.
- What to expect?
- CFK is doing Friday Night Lights this year! It’ll be time to get together and have some fun as a community!
- Coaches will be making teams with Registered Athletes!
- This means teams will be going head to head on Friday Nights!
Programming Sneak Peek!
Let start the week getting comfortable with some Single Arm KB Swings! Then our Metcon is going to continue the theme of Iso-Lateral by working each side.
Core & Shoulder Isometrics to build strength. Then we have multiple rounds of alternating EMOMs where we work gymnastics pressing/pushing skills.
7×5 Building Front Squats. Then our Metcon will involve a sprint like effort with sit-ups to recover.
You and a Partner are hanging out today… this a fun Partner WOD for time. Then after we are going to Hit a heavy 3 Bench and some pull to balance it out!
5×3 Deadlifts! Then we are going to continue moving the Barbell with more pulling to finish your Friday off! (This will get grippy)
7 ROUNDS?!? These rounds will go pretty quick, can you maintain a relative consistent pace the whole time?
North Weightlifting Schedule Changes
We have a few awesome changes that give you an opportunity to get in front of our newest Coach Wes Kitts!
- New Class: Tuesday Nights 5:30PM – 7:00PM Weightlifting w/ Wes
- Wednesday No Weightlifting- Moved to Tuesday w/ Wes
- Saturday Weightlifting w/ Wes Starts at 10AM
The West Schedule remains unchanged. We cannot wait to see you out there!!
Save the Date!
Dr. Kim’s Restorative Core Class
When: 2/11/23 @11:00AM Location: North
This class will focus on core activation and stabilization education. We will learn to breathe and brace for task specific intra-abdominal pressure management. As well as using targeted breath and accessory work to hit all of our sling systems that stabilize our core and pelvis. These techniques can be carried out into daily life and gym life to help us with our lifts and overall pelvic floor and core health.
The core system is the same for males or females, so this is definitely NOT a women’s only class. Our goal is to diagnose deficiencies and strengthen the core as a unit.
Free CFK Injury Screening w/ PT Coach Blake
15 Min Injury Screening Limited Spots Available. By Reservation only – reserve your screening today.
West: Jan 31st 4:30-6:30PM Register Here!
North: Feb 1st 4:30-6:30PM Register Here!
Introducing CFK’s… 225 Club
What is 225 Club?
- It’s no secret that with consistency comes results & we know that our program will deliver results! 225 Club is just that, celebrating consistency. In order to become part of the 225 Club athletes must attend 225 in-person Coached Classes in the 2023 Calendar Year (Jan 1 – Dec 31).
For those athletes who make the 225 Club, we are going to kick off 2024 with a live video drawing where we are going to give away One: 1-Year Membership! We will have a tracker available in the Wodify App so you can monitor your progress! (Official tallying of 225 Members will be verified before drawing.)
CFK is Introducing Membership add on option(s) for those look to make the most of their training & lifestyles!
Introducing: CFK Nutrition Support Center
The phrase “abs are made in the kitchen” is a bit of a cliché, but holds some truth.
We are in the gym for an hour or so per day. Everyone works very hard, but the other cliché “you can’t out train a bad diet” holds true as well.
The word “diet” itself means many things to many people and often carries a pretty negative connotation. We prefer to call it a “healthy lifestyle” or “eating clean”. Those terms may also be a little vague and that’s where we want to help.
We want to provide an opportunity, a space to start getting guidance on your nutrition. Somewhere to get a level of accountability, feedback, meal ideas, even help at the grocery store.
We want all your hard work in the gym each day to be as beneficial as possible. But also to do it in a healthy and sustainable way.
This group isn’t meant to be one-on-one nutrition coaching, but that option is available as well. Inquire to [email protected] or [email protected]
For those looking for 1-on-1 Nutrition Coaching: Coach Jody is here for you!
Introducing: CFK Build
What is CFK Build
- Build is a membership add-on option for those who are looking to add a layer of Hypertrophy (Body Building) to their training. This program is designed to be complimentary to your Programming in CrossFit.
- So what does that mean and how do this work?
- CFK Build is a program that takes into account what we do in class. Each week this program will consist of 3 Workouts (4-6 Exercises) and a recommended day that these lifts will compliment and work with CrossFit’s programming not obstruct your week.
- How much is it?
- You can add this Program to your monthly membership for $15 a month billed on the same day as your current membership!
Any Questions for the Build Program?
Email ([email protected]) or speak with me after class.
Introducing: CFK Endurance
What is CFK Endurance?
- 3 Days a Week of Structured Running Programming from 5k to Marathon
- Over the winter we will focus on building the engine aiming at peaking for…
- Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon which has a number of distance options. 5k to Marathon. We have some teams coming together for the Marathon Relay!
- This program is a add-on option and is $15 a Month billed on the same day as your current membership! Workouts will be loaded into WODIFY for you to see weekly!
Any Questions for the Endurance Program?
Email ([email protected]) or speak with me after class!
Fitness is always more fun with friends! Our community WOD happens every Saturday at both locations at 9am. Bring friends and family! These workouts will be both beginner and veteran-friendly — challenging enough to get a good workout, but simple enough for anyone to join!
PLEASE have friends sign a waiver beforehand!