The 2023 CrossFit Open!
- February 16th it all kicks off!
- This isn’t just a competition that decides who moves on to the next level on the way to the CrossFit Games. This is a chance to challenge yourself and challenge your friends, push yourself for that extra rep, challenge yourself with a little bit more weight than you may use.
- Follow this link for information and registration.
- What to expect?
- CFK is doing Friday Night Lights this year! It’ll be time to get together and have some fun as a community!
- Coacheswill be making teams with Registered Athletes!
- This means teams will be going head to head on Friday Nights!
Open Shirt Pre-Order!
If you are looking to order a Open Shirt this year you have until Wednesday 1/25 @ 11:59PM to place your order on the attached form! ORDER HERE!
Programming Sneak Peek!
5×3 Strict Press & 5×3 Push Press. Building as you go along great day to build stronger shoulders. The Metcon is a calf burner with rounds of Dubs.
Weighted Lateral Step Ups. This is a great day to build some lateral stability. Then we have a EMOM for Reps that is going to working the body all around.
CrossFit Games Open Repeat 18.1!
5×2 Pausing Front Squats. Then we are going to hit a classic with a twist. Karen.
5×2 Power Snatch & 5×1 Squat Snatch (Power +OH Squat). Then we have sprint intervals to test your speed.
25 Min AMRAP where you are are going to hit some volume that is going to work the whole body.
Save the Date!
Pilates & Yoga
w/ Ashleigh Howard
From Ashleigh: “Hey CrossFit peeps! I am excited to able to offer you some Pilates and Yoga in a fusion class. Pilates will focus on small stabilizing muscles which will allow you to reach new performance
levels in CrossFit. Yoga will allow you to improve your coordination and balance as well as stretching and
lengthening your body. I hope to see you there!”
Saturday 1/28 @ 11:15AM
Free CFK Injury Screening w/ PT Coach Blake
15 Min Injury Screening Limited Spots Available. By Reservation only – reserve your screening today.
West: Jan 31st 4:30-6:30PM Register Here!
North: Feb 1st 4:30-6:30PM Register Here!
Introducing CFK’s… 225 Club
What is 225 Club?
- It’s no secret that with consistency comes results & we know that our program will deliver results! 225 Club is just that, celebrating consistency. In order to become part of the 225 Club athletes must attend 225 in-person Coached Classes in the 2023 Calendar Year (Jan 1 – Dec 31).
How is this different from 20 Committee?
- 20 Committee is celebrating being active at home & in person with 20 workouts in a month. This isn’t going to change and we want to still celebrate those who get it done in and outside of the gym!
For those athletes who make the 225 Club, we are going to kick off 2024 with a live video drawing where we are going to give away One: 1-Year Membership! We will have a tracker available in the Wodify App so you can monitor your progress! (Official tallying of 225 Members will be verified before drawing.)
CFK is Introducing Membership add on option(s) for those look to make the most of their training & lifestyles!
Introducing: CFK Nutrition Support Center
The phrase “abs are made in the kitchen” is a bit of a cliché, but holds some truth.
We are in the gym for an hour or so per day. Everyone works very hard, but the other cliché “you can’t out train a bad diet” holds true as well.
The word “diet” itself means many things to many people and often carries a pretty negative connotation. We prefer to call it a “healthy lifestyle” or “eating clean”. Those terms may also be a little vague and that’s where we want to help.
We want to provide an opportunity, a space to start getting guidance on your nutrition. Somewhere to get a level of accountability, feedback, meal ideas, even help at the grocery store.
We want all your hard work in the gym each day to be as beneficial as possible. But also to do it in a healthy and sustainable way.
For those looking for 1-on-1 Nutrition Coaching: Coach Jody is here for you!
Introducing: CFK Build
What is CFK Build
- Build is a membership add-on option for those who are looking to add a layer of Hypertrophy (Body Building) to their training. This program is designed to be complimentary to your Programming in CrossFit.
- So what does that mean and how do this work?
- CFK Build is a program that takes into account what we do in class. Each week this program will consist of 3 Workouts (4-6 Exercises) and a recommended day that these lifts will compliment and work with CrossFit’s programming not obstruct your week.
- How much is it?
- You can add this Program to your monthly membership for $15 a month billed on the same day as your current membership!
Any Questions for the Build Program?
Email ([email protected]) or speak with me after class.
Introducing: CFK Endurance
What is CFK Endurance?
- 3 Days a Week of Structured Running Programming from 5k to Marathon
- Over the winter we will focus on building the engine aiming at peaking for…
- Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon which has a number of distance options. 5k to Marathon. We have some teams coming together for the Marathon Relay!
- This program is a add-on option and is $15 a Month billed on the same day as your current membership! Workouts will be loaded into WODIFY for you to see weekly!
Any Questions for the Endurance Program?
Email ([email protected]) or speak with me after class!
Fitness is always more fun with friends! Our community WOD happens every Saturday at both locations at 9am. Bring friends and family! These workouts will be both beginner and veteran-friendly — challenging enough to get a good workout, but simple enough for anyone to join!
PLEASE have friends sign a waiver beforehand!