Running is a vital part of CrossFit Knoxville and will continue to be a staple. The results gained from propelling your body through space are irreplaceable by other means. It’s an innate, hind brain, caveman drive that can only be triggered through running. With fall coming upon us, it’s the season to be outside and my, wouldn’t it be fun to spend some of that time Enjoying Running! Check out the two CFK Endurance programs below designed to help you achieve results and make you fall in love with what you were born to do. Our Endurance Coaches are very passionate about running and it’s contagious!
Our CFK Endurance lineup for Fall 2017 is slightly different. We will have two options this year.
- Coach Mary’s Chickaumaga Battlefield and Secret City ½ Marathon programs, designed to not only prepare you for the challenge but help you dominate and have fun doing it. You can choose the course that’s right for you! (All Levels)
- Coach Nate’s 4-week Make Running Fun/Adult SAQ Program for those who just want to improve technique for CrossFit, and build a level of confidence to keep you from avoiding running days. Also for all levels, no pre-requisites
Check out the details of each program below, and email coach Rick ([email protected]) to sign up!
Fall Half-Marathon training program w/ coach Mary
If Running is already your thing and a ½ marathon is anywhere near your Bucket List, Coach Mary has what you need. She is kicking off her fall training season, make sure you are on the list! This Fall training program will mix the functional training aspect of CrossFit with focused endurance programming, with the end result of minimized training miles, maximized training effectiveness, and faster finish times.
- Option 1: Chickaumaga Battlefield ½ Marathon (November 11, Chattanooga TN)
- Option 2: Secret City ½ Marathon (November 18, Oak Ridge TN)
Start Date: Monday, September 4
Program Duration: 10 weeks
- 10 weeks of running programming designed around your weekly CrossFit WODs
- 2 weekly group runs + 1 programmed solo run
- Custom scaling in your daily CrossFit WODs throughout the 10-week program
- Train with other runners! (helps with motivation on those early morning runs)
- Find balance between disciplines to help you become a healthy and more durable athlete
- Fast race finish!
*If you’re interested in training for the full marathon, please contact coach Mary ([email protected])
Make Running Fun! (Adult SAQ) w/ coach Nate
Designed to make you a more confident runner, improve your footspeed, and get you faster on those met-cons that involve the parking lot.
Start Date: Saturday, August 26
Training Program Includes:
- 1-mile test and re-test (Initial test is Open to all CFK Athletes)
- Test Day – Saturday, August 26 @ West High School Track
- Re-test Day – Saturday, September 23 @ West High School Track
- “Run-Day-Fun-Day” Class (Saturdays at 10am, North)
- 1-2 weekly speed/endurance workout to be performed at CFK or off-site
- Weekly skills and drills prescription
- Weekly mobility prescription
Expected Gainz Pending:
- Turn runs from a burden into a recovery period!
- Improve your technique and confidence in running WODs
- More stamina, fewer WOD breaks
- Learn to move your feet faster and have fun doing it!
- Kick some ass and have some fun!