Next Saturday, February 8th our very own CFK athlete Jeff Cravens will be hosting a self defense seminar at the North location! Here’s everything you need to know:
- When: Saturday, February 8, 11:30 a.m. (duration: 75 minutes)
- Where: CFK North
- Cost: $15
- How to register: email Rick
- Prerequisites required: NONE!
- Attire: Normal workout gear you can move around in
Who it’s for:
This workshop is for anyone who….
- Wants to feel more prepared in protecting themselves and their loved ones in the case of a bad situation
- Wants to learn “situational avoidance” (i.e. how to minimize your chances of encountering a bad situation)
- Wants to feel more capable in life!
- Wants to get a great workout while learning how to deliver powerful punches and kicks!
About the Course
Introductory self-defense seminars are intended to improve situational awareness and provide self-defense skills that are simple and safe to learn and are immediately usable by virtually anyone. Krav Maga is an Israeli martial art that adapts natural body movements to self-defense situations. Far less artistic than it is brutal, Krav Maga is considered by many experts to be the most effective self-defense system in the world.
During this seminar, participants will learn basic combatives such as palm strikes, groin kicks, and hammer fists, as well as crucial self defense skills like wrist grabs, hair grabs, and hand chokes. Also covered will be the importance of situational awareness, self defense vs. self protection, and defending against random attacks.
About the Instructor
In addition to being a regular CFK 5:30 am’er, Jeff is a black belt in Krav Maga and also studies Muay Thai kick boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He is an instructor at the National Academy of Martial Arts in Oak Ridge, and previously served 5 years in the Tennessee State Guard.